Have you thought about wearing orthopedic shoes but aren’t quite sure they’re right for you? You’re not alone! When most people think of orthopedic shoes, the image that comes to mind is not the fashion-forward styles you’re looking for in all facets of your life. We’re here to educate you on the best orthopedic shoes and show you that there is much more to orthopedic shoes than the styles you may think. We’ll introduce you to our top picks for orthopedic shoes for women and enlighten you about the difference wearing orthopedic shoes can make in your life. Orthopedic shoes are no longer limited to clunky, unattractive athletic shoes, now you can find everything from orthopedic high heels to orthopedic slippers to orthopedic sandals for women. At Vionic, we want to connect you with the information you need to make an informed decision about whether or not orthopedic shoes are right for you and provide you with the tools you need to choose a pair that will fit your feet properly and give you the support you need.
We not only want to educate you on the best orthopedic shoes for women, we’ve earned a place in the industry as a trusted resource with a team of shoe stylists, foot doctors, and research teams all working together to create footwear that will elevate your wardrobe while providing your feet with the support and cushioning to have comfort last all day long. Along the way, we’ll educate you on what orthopedic shoes are, the benefits of wearing orthopedic shoes, different styles of orthopedic shoes, and our top picks for the best orthopedic shoes for women.
Hold On.. What Exactly Are Orthopedic Shoes?
Before we dive into the best orthopedic shoes for women, first let’s review exactly what orthopedic shoes are, one step at a time.
By now you know that orthopedic shoes are different than regular shoes, but what makes them different and who are they suited for? Orthopedic shoes are not only suited for elderly individuals or people suffering from foot or medical problems, but orthopedic shoes are also ideal for everyone because they are specifically designed to support the mechanics and structure of the foot, ankle, and leg. Orthopedic shoes are especially helpful for those who have existing foot conditions or poor foot mechanics that make their feet susceptible to developing foot problems.
To begin diving into what orthopedic shoes are, let’s break down exactly what the word orthopedic means. The word “ortho” is a Greek word that means “correct” or “root” and “pedic” means “foot”. When they are put together, they mean “correct feet” or “right feet” and this meaning is integral to the core purpose of orthopedic shoes. Orthopedic shoes are designed to foster the natural alignment of your body from the feet up and to provide your feet with the cushion and support they need to function as smoothly as possible without strain. There are a number of different design features that set orthopedic shoes apart from their regular counterparts. Below are a number of different orthopedic features that can be found in Vionic footwear that are often not present in regular shoes.
- Podiatrist-developed and extensively researched and developed orthotic elevated technology
- Biomechanical footbed that promotes natural alignment from the ground up and provides unparalleled support
- A deep heel cup that promotes essential stability
- A firm yet flexible midsole that optimizes your balance
- Substantial arch support that keeps your foot aligned with your ankle and knee while alleviating excessive strain and pressure places on the arch of your foot
- Around the clock comfort and support
The features outlined above are unique to Vionic’s orthopedic shoes and give you a glimpse into the Vionic difference. At Vionic, we believe you should never have to choose between support and style, you can have both! Now that you know what orthopedic shoes are and who they are suited for, we’ll walk you through some of the remarkable benefits of wearing orthopedic shoes.
The Benefits of Wearing Orthopedic Shoes
When you think about the benefits of wearing orthopedic shoes, what comes to mind? Many people are unaware of how many amazing benefits you can experience by making the change to orthopedic shoes. We’re trying to change that by offering insight into the benefits of wearing orthopedic shoes. Below are a few of the top benefits of wearing orthopedic shoes.
- Orthopedic shoes provide unparalleled support.
- Orthopedic shoes can increase mobility for some individuals.
- Orthopedic shoes can help diminish foot pain and alleviate the symptoms of common foot ailments.
- Orthopedic shoes can help boost blood flow and improve circulation.
- Orthopedic shoes can make you feel true comfort.
Orthopedic shoes are replete with benefits that could help improve your life and keep you feeling comfortable no matter how long you stand on your feet during the day. You may be wondering, will I be able to find the styles of shoes I love in orthopedic shoes? The answer is yes!
Finding Your Aesthetic: Popular Styles of Orthopedic Shoes
Just like orthopedic shoes are not limited to those with foot problems or the elderly, orthopedic shoes don’t come in only athletic shoe styles. We know it can feel like the foot health industry doesn’t consider fashion and have built our business around changing that dynamic so that you can get the supportive technology and infrastructure your feet need in the fashion-forward styles you’re looking for. Below are a handful of popular styles of orthopedic shoes that you can add to your wardrobe.
- Sandals: Sandals with support?! That’s right! We have tons of different sandal styles to choose from that don’t skimp on the supportive features.
- Heels and Wedges: Whoever said beauty is pain hasn’t walked a mile in Vionic! We have many different innovative styles of heels and wedges to choose from that are perfect for everything from weddings to work.
- Flats and Loafers: Have you ever worn a pair of cute flats all day only to have aching feet the next day from the lack of arch support? You’re not alone, that’s why we created flats and loafers with built-in orthotics that provide effortless support to slip into all day long.
- Boots and Booties: During the colder months, nothing is better than slipping on a pair of boots to cover your feet and keep your outfit looking fierce, but many boots and boots lack the support and cushioning you need for true comfort. Vionic’s fashion-forward and classic boots and booties offer the support you need and the style you crave.
- Casual Sneakers: Vionic’s women’s casual sneakers master on-the-go casual by combining versatile athleisure style with the underfoot feel of our supportive Orthaheel Technology to deliver a comfortable, supportive athleisure shoe.
- Active Sneakers: Do you love walking outside to soak in the outdoors while getting exercise? We do too! Our comfortable women’s sneakers and tennis shoes are walking shoes that move you. Our podiatrist-designed walking shoes will give you comfort with every step so you never have to pause because of sore, aching feet.
- Slippers: Did you know house shoes are an incredibly important piece of footwear to have support in? That’s why we created women’s slippers with arch support that will provide you with cozy support at home. When you’re lounging around the house, you can slip into something more comfortable with built-in arch support whether it’s day or night.
- With these styles of orthopedic shoes, we have you covered for every scenario! Whether you’re going to a business casual dinner, a formal wedding, or hanging out at home in your pajamas, we believe comfort is kind and the key to achieving optimal comfort is through proper support and cushioning. By now you’re an expert on orthopedic shoes, so we want to introduce you to a few of our picks for the best orthopedic shoes for women.
Our Top Picks for Orthopedic Shoes for Women
With so many fashionable athleisure shoes for women to choose from, it can be tough to narrow your search down to the styles you’ll wear the most frequently and will give you the right type of support for your feet. To help with your search for the best orthopedic shoes, we’ve compiled a list of some of our top picks for fashion-forward orthopedic shoes for women that will boost your support and complement your outfit!
Kirra Backstrap Sandal
If you’re looking for the perfect orthopedic sandal for everyday wear, look no further than the Kirra Backstrap sandal. The Kirra combines sophistication and subtlety with a soft buckle detail and a triangular thong leather upper. The backstrap feature helps to add adjustability and stability to this classic sandal. With built-in Orthaheel technology, the Kirra will hug your arches and support your feet in comfort. The microfiber wrapped EVA will help reduce the stress to your feet, ankles, and knees by aiding in shock absorption. The durable rubber outsole helps provide you with traction on a variety of surfaces. The Kirra comes in a number of classic and fun colors so you can choose what will fit your style best.
Nareen Block Heel
Are you looking for the perfect classic block heel slingback that will make you look polished and professional at the office or at happy hour with your favorite friends? The Nareen Block heel has stylish kid suede to deliver classic styling with a modern straight cut at the toes. The Nareen Block heel will provide you with advances comfort through its enhances forefoot contour and deep heel cup, which provides your feet with the support they need to be comfortable with every step you take.
The perfect pair of leather pointed toe flats is here in the form of the Delilah flat. With a slim adjustable strap across the vamp, the Delilah flat will make a graceful addition to your wardrobe and be a classic style for both at work and out with friends. Our Delilah flat is biomechanically designed to hug your arches and our Orthaheel Technology helps to support your natural alignment from the ground up. Our Delilah flats received the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for its demonstrated ability to promote good foot health.
Take our Tinsley boots everywhere from the coffee shop to the conference room! Made with a weather-resistant suede upper and a wearable sturdy stacked heels. Our Tinsley boots will provide you with the support and comfort you need out of a pair of fashion-forward, classic boots.
Looking for the perfect athleisure sneaker to pair with yoga pants or jeans for a casual day out? The Keke sneaker comes in leather or suede uppers with delicate lace contrasting the clean lines and sporty silhouette of this classic sneaker. Designed with our Orthaheel Technology, the Keke sneaker is biomechanically designed to make sure you stay comfortable and naturally aligned with every step.
Alaina Active Sneaker
With the Alaina active sneaker, you can keep your active lifestyle on track with cool colors and contrasting bright colors that define this fashionable active sneaker. The Alaina sneaker is made with bungee laces to give you adjustability over the neoprene and knit construction and offer a durable rubber outsole to help facilitate buoyant movement.
Relax Plush Slippers
Looking for maximum comfort during your next movie marathon? Kick your heels up in the Relax plush slippers that have a plush faux-fur footbed and a velcro adjustable upper for a flawless fit every time. Your foot will be encased in softness with an orthotic footbed built-in beneath is to reduce foot fatigue caused by hard, flat floors. Our Relax Plush slippers have a flexible EVA midsole to absorb shock and Orthaheel Technology built-in to provide unparalleled support, which is why these slippers received the American Podiatric Medical
Association Seal of Acceptance.
At Vionic, our mission is to create supportive footwear that hugs your arches like a natural footprint and combines fashion-forward styles and high-quality materials to deliver superior support and comfort. Check out our orthopedic shoes to find your perfect fit!