Sure, a sexy pair of heels is great for a night out, and trendy sneakers are the perfect choice for casual outings. But for some situations, there’s only one option: house slippers.
Your favorite outdoor shoes can never be replaced, but they simply don’t hit the mark for a cozy day at home. While many people simply go barefoot around the house, this can lead to aching feet and cold toes—two things that any podiatrist would advise against.
For these reasons, it’s crucial to have a good set of house slippers lying around.
Unfortunately, not all slippers are created equal. From rough lining to flat arches, a cheap pair of house shoes can do more harm than good when worn for extended periods. If you’re wearing house shoes, especially, you should be able to ditch the foot pain and other issues associated with cheaply made slippers and opt for more comfortable, warm, fuzzy slippers that will keep your feet supported.
Here at Vionic, we specialize in supportive and comfortable slippers and shoes of all kinds. That’s why we offer a wide selection of slippers for all types of feet. If you’re looking to make a commitment and find your perfect pair, check out this guide for the best house slippers for women.
For Breathability: Gracie Toe Post Slipper
Women’s house slippers are supposed to be comfy. But is there anything more uncomfortable than hot, sweaty toes inside a pair of hot, sweaty slippers? We created the Gracie Toe Post Slipper to combat this icky sensation while providing the necessary support that typical slide sandals and flip flops lack.
This thong-style women’s slipper is changing the footwear game, and we can’t get enough of it. To get a better idea of whether or not this style is the right fit, take a look at the specs:
- Terrycloth material – This women’s slipper is lined with luxurious, spa-grade terrycloth. Forget about the rough, scratchy towels you may have used in the past because this terrycloth is designed to make your feet feel cushioned, cool. Plus, it prevents sweaty feet.
- Orthaheel technology – Sandals aren’t always the most supportive style of footwear, but Vionic sandals are built differently. We incorporated our unique Vionic technology in this sandal-style slipper by building an orthotic insole. If you’ve struggled to find open-toed slippers that actually support your arches, look no further than the Gracie slipper.
- Odor-resistant Ecofresh footbed – Even with the breathable design of this slipper, sometimes foot odor is unavoidable. That’s why we’ve treated the Gracie slipper footbed with antibacterial Ecofresh—an environmentally friendly zeolite mineral that absorbs moisture and odor.
Who will love this slipper: For the individual who wants to lounge comfortably without worrying about sweat or odor, the Gracie Toe Post Slipper is definitely the way to go. Transport yourself to the spa by slipping on one of the most comfortable house slippers on the market, in either light grey or sleek black.
Want another option for a breathable, toe-post slipper? Try our Lidia slipper!
For an Adjustable Fit: Relax Slippers
If you want a breathable slipper, but don’t love the thong shape of the Gracie, then look no further than our Relax Slippers. They’re made with the same odor-resistant terrycloth and Vionic footbed technology as the Gracie, but with a much different shape—more like traditional slides and sandals with horizontal straps across the arch.
Let’s take a look at what this lightweight slipper has to offer:
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure – The cross straps of the Relax are equipped with a hook-and-loop closure. This velcro strap makes it easy to adjust the fit of your slipper for maximum comfort throughout the day.
- Flexible EVA midsole – The Relax Slippers are designed with midsole technology that helps absorb shock and reduce stress on the feet, ankles, and knees. The bottom sole of this slipper is lined with a fabric-covered wave pattern to help increase traction on hardwood floors.
- Cute colors and patterns – The Relax Slippers come in a wide variety of colors and patterns, including black, tiger print, purple, coral, tan, pink, leopard print, and light grey. If you want a breathable slipper with a bit more style, the Relax is a great option.
Who will love this slipper: Anyone who has sensitive feet, flat arches, or simply wants to show off their personality will love what the Relax Slipper has to offer. For days spent walking around the house, this style will have your feet feeling their best (and, not to mention, their cutest). Also, it’s worth mentioning that these are Oprah’s favorite slippers, and they might just be yours, too!
For a Classic Slipper Feel: Gemma Mule Slippers
Open-toed shoes aren’t everybody’s cup of tea, which is why we provide alternative options like the Gemma Mule Slippers. This classic slipper design boasts a comfortable fit, soft terry cloth interior, and Vionic-powered arch support. If this sounds like everything you want in a cozy slipper, here’s what you need to know about the Gemma:
- Closed-toe adjustable strap – Like the Relax Slippers, the Gemma Mule Slippers come with an adjustable hook-and-loop strap. The only difference is that this style keeps your toes warm and cozy, while still allowing for a relaxed, breathable fit.
- Flexible EVA Midsole – Other
- than the terrycloth cushioned footbed, the Gemma Mule slippers are also equipped with a supportive EVA midsole. If you want closed-toe comfortable slippers that provide the same foot and ankle support, this supportive slipper is exactly what you’ll get with this design.
- Durable rubber outsole – Like other Vionic slippers, the Gemma Mule women’s slipper features a rubber outsole that will give you better hold on unsafe surfaces.
- Six different styles – With the Gemma Mule Slippers, you’ll get a choice of six cute styles: light grey, black, leopard print, tiger print, blush pink, and chic tan. The closed-toe design of these slippers also gives you a larger canvas to show off your chosen pattern.
Who will love this slipper: For the person who wants that classic and comfy slipper feel with the benefits of Vionic’s supportive slipper technology, the Gemma Mule Slipper is the way to go. With this style, your feet will stay warm, pampered, and protected all day long.
For Maximum Coziness: Nessie Slipper
The Nessie Slipper is quite different from the others on this list, but that’s exactly what we love about it. The clog slippers design offers maximum coziness, a durable sole, and a stylish exterior that complements any comfy outfit.
Let’s take a look at what you’ll get with the Nessie Slipper:
- Faux shearling lining – Unlike the others on this list, the Nessie isn’t lined with terry cloth material. Instead, this comfy slipper offers the luxurious warmth of faux shearling lining, which flawlessly mimics the cozy feel of sheep’s wool. This material makes the Nessie Slipper a great option for those cold winter nights when your feet need a little extra love.
- Durable rubber sole – The sole of the Nessie Slipper is much thicker than Vionic’s other styles. This makes it an ideal choice for hard flooring and tired feet.
- Cute design – The outside of the Nessie gives off a quintessential cozy look. With a velvety cow hair exterior and a silk bow to match, these faux wool slippers will pair perfectly with your favorite set of matching pajamas. Customers can get the Nessie Slipper in either a sleek black or warm toffee color, with a light beige lining on the inside of both.
Who will love this slipper: If you value coziness above all else, then the Nessie Slippers will be your match made in house slipper-heaven. Cold climates, hardwood floors, and a cute set of flannel PJs will create an ideal setting for rocking these bedroom slippers.
For Slippers That Stay Put: Lynez Slipper
The final item on this list is the cozy yet structurally sound Lynez Slipper. The Lynez is shaped similarly to a slip-on loafer or moccasin slipper but with the coziness of a traditional slipper. Here’s everything you need to know about this unique design:
- Structured design – The Lynez offers ample full-foot support. With a structured back that wraps snugly around your heel, you’ll never have to worry about these indoor slippers doing what slippers tend to do: slipping off your foot!
- Faux shearling lining – Like the Nessie, the Lynez Slipper also has a suede upper and is lined with luxuriously soft faux shearling material. This will keep your feet feeling cozy and warm, even if you step outside to grab the morning paper, water the plants, or stroll to the mailbox.
- Sturdy sole – Speaking of walking outside, the Lynez is the perfect house slipper for a quick trip into the outside world. While you probably won’t be hiking in this cozy slipper, you can stray a little further than the front porch without ruining these sturdy slippers. sturdy slippers.
Who will love this slipper: For the cozy enthusiast who wants the benefits of a real shoe, the Lynez slipper is your best bet. The structured silhouette of these faux wool slippers combines comfort and practicality to give you the best of both worlds.
Have you learned how to wash slippers? You can clean them by hand washing to protect them and lengthen their wear life. If you’re wondering if you can put your slippers in the washing machine, read more on our blog.
Vionic Slippers: A Step Ahead of the Rest
If it wasn’t clear already, Vionic slippers are designed with real feet in mind.
Vionic values comfort over anything, but that doesn’t mean we sacrifice style either. What’s better than comfortable and warm slippers that are also stylish? Our slippers are designed with high-quality fabric, durable materials, and supportive technology that sets our products apart from the rest.
The key to a good pair of slippers? Our Vio-Motion technology. We use biomedical footbeds to create a trifecta of comfort. With arch support, cushioning, and heel stability, our innovative shoe technology addresses the issues that other shoes don’t. And with our odor-resistant, sweat-wicking technology, you don’t even have to wear socks with slippers (but you can if that’s what makes you feel good!).
From sandals to closed-toe slippers, Vionic shoes come in all shapes and sizes. Choose a company that values style and support, and start treating your feet right, with Vionic!