Are you on the hunt for a pair of fashion-forward boots that will compliment your style while also giving your comfort with every step? If so, you’re not alone! We know that finding the perfect pair of comfortable boots can be a game changer for your wardrobe and your overall style and we want to help you find the perfect pair of comfortable boots that give you the arch support you need to experience true comfort. Unfortunately, there can be a preponderance of conflicting information available and it can be a challenge to find trusted information and shoes outside of the world of athletic footwear and running shoes. When you’re researching the perfect pair of boots, we want to make sure you feel informed and confident that you’re looking for the right features of supportive shoes to make sure your feet are comfortable with every step. When you’re on the hunt for comfortable boots with arch support, women’s and men’s footwear often fall short of considering the support and infrastructure needed to keep the vital structural elements of your feet properly supported. To help you make sure you can find a comfortable pair of boots with arch support, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to provide you with all the information you need to begin your quest in search of the perfect pair of boots. Don’t worry, we believe that stylish orthopedic shoes should exist which is why we made it our mission to create them!
We not only want to help you understand how to find comfortable boots with arch support and what supportive features you should be looking for, we have earned a place in the industry as a trusted resource that has dedicated research teams, foot doctors, and shoe stylists to make sure you can have the boots you love with all of the support your feet need built-in. As we walk you through our guide on how to find comfortable boots for work and play, we’ll educate you on why arch support matters, the benefits of wearing footwear with arch support, and a step-by-step guide to finding comfortable boots with proper arch support.
Arch Support Made Easy!
Before we dive into how to find comfortable boots with proper arch support, we want to walk you through why good arch support matters. At Vionic, we believe that you should always understand why we recommend looking for certain features in your footwear to keep your feet properly supported and comfortable. In fact, we’ve built our business on connecting you with information relevant to your foot health and creating lightweight and durable footwear that delivers unparalleled support in the styles you love.
You’ve probably heard that arch support is important to look for in athletic shoes, but what about the rest of the shoe styles you wear and why does arch support matter? Arch support is an important feature to look for in any pair of shoes you are wearing, whether it is boots, slippers, flats, high heels, or any other footwear style. Unfortunately, the fashion industry often does not consider comfort and many brands of footwear lack the supportive infrastructure needed to keep your arch properly supported and your feet comfortable all day long. To get arch support that will keep your feet comfortable with every step, it’s important to rely on a brand that integrates podiatrist developed orthotics that give your feet the arch support they need. So why does arch support matter? To adequately answer that, it’s important to take a look at what the arch of the foot is responsible for and the benefits you can gain from wearing boots with good arch support.
The Role of the Arch of Your Feet
Did you know that the arch is considered one of the most important structural elements of your feet? If you didn’t, you’re not alone! The arch of your foot is an important element because of the vital role it plays in your mobility and movements. With every stride you take, the arches of your feet absorb the majority of the pressure that your body is exerting on your feet. With every mile you walk, the arch can bear up to two hundred thousand to three hundred thousand pounds of stress. When the arch is improperly supported, a variety of different musculoskeletal issues can arise as a result, which can lead to inactivity and even disability in some individuals. It’s also important to know that your arch height can change over the course of your life due to a variety of different medical conditions, aging, or other factors. Now that you know the basics on what the arches of your feet do, we want to introduce you to another important consideration to keep in mind when looking for proper arch support in boots.
Breaking Down Arch Heights
While every individual’s feet have arches, they are by no means the same. Arches can vary significantly from individual to individual and are often classified into three main arch height categories: low arches (flat feet), medium arches, and high arches. Both low arches and high arches are considered biomechanically inefficient and are more likely to develop foot problems as a result of over-pronation or under-pronation which can distribute pressure unevenly across the surface of the feet. Feet with low arches are more susceptible to over-pronation, much more flexible than feet with medium or high arches, and are recognized by having a little to no arch definition. High arches are much more rigid than either low or medium arch feet and are characterized by an arch that sits high off the ground, which causes more pressure to be exerted on the forefoot and rearfoot. Feet with medium arches are considered biomechanically efficient, but can also develop foot problems if they are not properly supported. Now that you know the primary differences between the various arch heights, we want to walk you through a few of the top benefits of wearing footwear with arch support.
Arch Support Delivers: The Top Benefits
Arch support is a game changer for your footwear because of how many different benefits it can impart. To understand why this feature is vital to look for in your boots, we want to briefly introduce you to a handful of the top benefits you can gain when wearing footwear with arch support. Below are a few of the top benefits of wearing boots with arch support.
- Pressure Distribution: As we mentioned above, several different arch heights unevenly distribute pressure across your feet. When you wear footwear with arch support, the arch is able to evenly distribute pressure across your feet and maintain the natural alignment of your body from the ground up. This will also help your pair of shoes wear more evenly as you wear them.
- Comprehensive Support: One of the best benefits arch support offers is comprehensive support for your feet. This is especially vital for individuals suffering from foot ailments or plantar fasciitis. We know that you will be looking for relief and comfort as soon as possible and arch support can help deliver just that.
- Reduce Foot Pain: We know that foot pain can have a significant impact on your mobility and happiness and that you will be looking for a way to reduce your foot pain as soon as possible. At Vionic, we believe that you should be able to have pain-free feet with every step and arch support plays an important role in helping to reduce and prevent foot pain.
- Improve Stability and Balance: As we mentioned above, the arch of your foot is an integral part of each step you take and plays the role of built-in shock absorption. When your arch is properly supported, it can help to improve your balance, stability, and posture.
Now that you’re an expert on your arches and arch support, we want to walk you through our step by step guide to finding the most comfortable work boots for men and boots for every occasion with arch support.
Finding the Perfect Boots with Arch Support: Step-by-Step
Have you ever tried on a pair of boots in the store, fallen in love with the way they look and taken them home only to find that after a full day of wearing them, you are left with sore and achy feet? We know this can be incredibly frustrating and disheartening! Boots can feel comfortable when you first try them on, but still cause you residual pain and achiness when worn for a longer period of time due to improper support. We know it can feel daunting to try to seek out boots in the styles you love while looking for the arch support that will make your feet feel comfortable with every step, which is why we have compiled a step-by-step guide to help make your search easier. With our comprehensive guide, you’ll be able to make sure your boots deliver both style and support.
- Look for Supportive Features: When you start your search for the perfect pair of boots with ankle support and arch support, it’s important to narrow your search down to only boots that have the supportive features you are looking for built-in. As you know by now, arch support should be at the top of that list, but there are other supportive features to look for that will promote good foot health and true comfort. Your feet are designed to walk on soft, forgiving surfaces like dirt and sand and your footwear should replicate that type of support to give your feet comfort. We recommend looking for a biomechanical footbed that helps to promote natural alignment from the ground up and hugs your natural footprint, a deep heel cup that will promote stability, and a firm yet flexible midsole that will optimize your balance. With these essential supportive features, your feet will be comfortable because they have the support they need.
- Find a Style You Love: Once you’ve narrow down your search to boots with the supportive features you need, the next step is to find a style you love. We know that having supportive features doesn’t matter if the boots aren’t stylish and complimentary to your wardrobe since the likelihood of your wearing them will be low, which is why it is imperative to be discerning when picking your boots. There are many different styles of boots to choose from and we believe you can find the perfect pair that will offer both function and fashion. Are you looking for a more dramatic effect? Go for tall boots in supple leather to elevate any outfit whether you’re heading into the office or out to drinks. Looking for a boot that is sturdy enough to handle any adventure while still being stylish? Try a bootie that you can pair with jeans and a tee, a dress, or anything else you can think of.
- Confirm Your True Shoe Size: Once you’ve settled on the style of boot, the final step is to make sure you are getting the boots in your correct size. Many individuals don’t realize that your feet can change over the course of your life and your shoe size can even change in the course of the day due to swelling. We recommend trying on boots at the end of the day when your feet are most likely to be swollen to make sure you have a comfortable fit no matter what time of day you are wearing them. It’s also important to check the width of your boots to make sure they are comfortable as many shoes styles are also available in wide sizes. Once you’ve settled on your true size, you’ve found the perfect pair of comfortable boots with arch support to carry you on all of your adventures to come!
If you are looking for comfortable and durable boots for all seasons that offer both function and fashion, take a look at Vionic’s supportive boots for both men and women, including women’s fall shoes. Our science-backed innovative roots combine pioneering Vio-Motion Support, fashion-forward style, and high-quality materials to deliver beautifully made boots that will give you support with every step.