Have you ever thought about taking your son or daughter to work with you? Well, April 25th might be the right time to take action because it’s National Take Your Sons and Daughters to Work Day. Giving your kids the chance to walk a day in your life is exciting and we want to help you make it happen. So, in this blog post, we’re sharing some useful tips our good friend, Mr. Fabienne Boone – NYC educator, shared with us to help you create a Take Your Sons and Daughters To Work Day program fit to a variety of ages. Keep on reading if this interests you!
- Employee for the Day: Provide invitations addressed to the kids and welcome them to join your company as an “Employee of the Day”.
- Involve Everyone: Make sure employees without children are able to get involved or have the option to take the day off. You don’t want them to feel left out.
- Appoint CKOs (Chief Kid’s Officers): Have parents sign up beforehand to lead different activities so one person doesn’t have to do it all.
- Me & Mom/Dad: Have each child recreate a picture of his or her parent at work (maybe even wearing their glasses) and take a picture. This is a great take-away for the employee and their child as well as something fun to post to internal networks.
- Be Comfortable and Supported: Keep up with the kids! Wear business-appropriate comfortable men’s dress shoes, women’s shoes for work, or other supportive shoes that will keep you on your feet all day long!