Did you know that the shoes you wear each day can have a significant impact on your foot health and many other aspects of your overall health? One of the ways to make sure your feet are getting the support and cushioning they need to stay healthy is by investing in orthopedic shoes for men. We know that many people feel unsure when they read the word orthopedic because orthopedic shoes are often discussed for people who have foot problems or are elderly, but orthopedic shoes are a great choice for everyone. We’re here to educate you on why that’s the case and walk you through all of the various styles of men’s orthopedic shoes so that you can see that orthopedic shoes truly have to offer. At Vionic, we’ve designed everything from men’s orthopedic dress shoes to slippers so that you never have to choose between the support you need and the styles you love. We believe that shoes and foot health should be one and the same and that everyone deserves to have shoes that make them look and feel great. With our orthopedic men’s shoes, you can have both!
We not only want to educate you on the features that distinguish our orthopedic shoes and introduce you to a handful of the best orthopedic shoes for men, we’ve earned a place in the industry as a trusted resource that has dedicated shoe stylists, foot doctors, and research teams, to make sure that orthopedic shoes with support and style are available for every occasion in your life. Below is an introductory guide to the features you’ll find in our orthopedic shoes that are absent from many shoes, the range of styles of men’s orthopedic shoes, and our picks for the best orthopedic shoes for men.
An Introduction to the Orthopedic Difference
Before you can get to shopping for the perfect pair of orthopedic shoes, we want to first walk you through what the differences are between Vionic’s orthopedic shoes and other comfortable footwear. We believe that the orthopedic difference provides you with remarkable benefits that can improve your foot health and we want to make sure we arm you with that information so that you can make an informed decision.
Have you ever worn a pair of shoes that seemed relatively comfortable only to take them off later and have aching, sore feet? You’re not alone! This is a fairly common occurrence for many of us and usually, there are two main culprits: wearing shoes that lack the supportive infrastructure your feet need to be truly comfortable or wearing shoes that don’t fit your feet properly (or both). Orthopedic shoes address both of these issues by having the supportive technology your feet need built-in and being designed to create a comfortable, ideal environment for your feet. While cheap, unsupportive footwear sometimes has a narrow toe box that causes your feet to be pushed together, our orthopedic footwear has a toe box that comfortably houses all of your toes without cramming them together. This helps prevent many common foot problems, such as bunions, corns, and ingrown toenails.
At Vionic, we’ve made it our mission to create footwear that addresses the unique needs of your feet and offers you comfort all day long in the styles you love. In fact, we’ve built our business on delivering that. So how do our orthopedic shoes offer more than your average pair of footwear? It all comes down to the supportive features that we incorporate into our built-in orthotics. These supportive features help mimic the natural surfaces our feet are accustomed to treading on, like dirt and sand, rather than the hard, man-made surfaces that now dominate our world. Our supportive technology replicates these soft, forgiving surfaces by contouring to your feet and providing comfortable, all day (and night) support. Below is an overview of a few of the most beneficial features that we have in our orthopedic shoes for men.
- A podiatrist-designed footbed in every pair that promotes natural alignment from the ground up. Vionic’s orthotic technology was developed by renowned Australian podiatrist Philip Vasyli who created the first heat-moldable orthotic inserts to help the people he saw every day find relief from their foot pain and discomfort. There are over thirty years of research and development behind Vionic’s Orthaheel Technology. Our biomechanical footbed helps support you from the ground up so your feet experience comfort and support with every step and your body maintains proper alignment from your feet up through your ankle and knees.
- A deep heel cup to promote stability. Did you know one of the main factors in your stability is how well supported your feet are? One of the keys to fostering stability with every step is having a deep heel cup that helps support this integral structural element of your feet. Vionic’s orthopedic shoes do just that so that you have the stability you deserve in every step of every mile.
- A firm, yet flexible, midsole to help optimize your balance. We know that wearing unsupportive shoes can take a toll on your balance because balance begins in your feet. When your feet aren’t properly supported, you can feel much more wobbly and uncertain when you walk as your feet attempt to overexert themselves to create balance without proper. This is a problem that demanded a solution, which is why we integrated a firm, yet, flexible, midsole into our Vionic footwear to help optimize your balance.
- Substantial arch support that hugs your natural arch. We know the arch of your foot plays a vital role in your foot health, which is why we paid special attention to this structural element of the foot. Did you know the arch of your feet bears two hundred thousand to three hundred thousand pounds of pressure with every mile you walk? The arch of your feet is essential for helping to absorb the shock that is exerted on your feet with every step you take, navigate the transitions between different surfaces, and maintain stability and balance. When your arch is not properly supported, it can have dire consequences and result in painful foot conditions like plantar fasciitis. We want to help make sure you never have to suffer the foot pain that comes from an unsupported arch, which is why our orthotics have substantial arch support that contours to your natural footprint, serving a similar service as custom orthotics.
Now that you know what the Vionic difference is, we want to walk you through some of the styles of the men’s orthopedic shoes that are available to meet your needs.
Style Made Simple
When you think of orthopedic shoes, the first thing that comes to your mind probably isn’t style. If you feel like the fashion industry doesn’t consider comfort and the foot health industry doesn’t consider fashion, you’re not alone. We know it can be a challenge to find orthopedic shoes that fit seamlessly into your existing style and have the built-in support your feet need. That’s why we’ve created comfortable shoes and footwear with our orthotic technology built-in to every pair in all of your favorite styles. Below is a breakdown of a handful of the styles of orthopedic shoes for men that Vionic offers.
- Active Sneakers: Are you a man on the go who wants a pair of athletic shoes that can keep up without detracting from your style? Look no further than our active sneakers that are designed to optimize balance, stability, and comfort for all of your activities.
- Casual Sneakers: Athleisure is one of the most popular styles in demand right now and we’ve got casual sneakers to fulfill all of your athleisure needs. Our casual sneakers have modern, clean lines in classic colors so that they will compliment your style everywhere you go.
- Casual Shoes: If you’re looking for casual done right, our comfortable men’s casual shoes feature relaxed styles with serious support. With styles ranging from chukka boots to slip on loafers and everything in between, we’ll make sure you’re ready to take on the weekend.
- Dress Shoes: Ever heard of orthopedic dress shoes? Now you have! Our comfortable men’s dress shoes come in work-ready styles and are crafted with premium materials with our biomechanically support inside to make sure you can take on the day in style.
- Sandals: Our comfortable men’s sandals offer classic styling with enduring support. Vionic’s men’s sandals have our biomechanically designed footbed and come in a variety of styles so you’re always prepared, whether you’re heading to the beach or to breakfast.
- Boots: With your comfortable men’s boots, you’ll be ready to take on the wilderness or the board room. Our men’s boots are rugged yet refined and feature our science-backed orthotic technology to support your feet no matter where they are taking you.
- Slippers: Many people don’t consider the importance of having house shoes with built-in support, luckily we’ve designed men’s slipper to protect and support your feet at home. With our superior slippers, you can slide into comfort that protects your feet from the hard, flat floors in your home.
Now that you’re an expert on styles of orthopedic shoes for men, we want to introduce you to some of our top picks for the best orthopedic shoes for men.
The Best Orthopedic Shoes for Men: Our Top Picks
When it comes to orthopedic mens shoes, there are so many options that it makes choosing the best tough. We rounded up a few of our favorites for every occasion below.
Morris Active Sneaker
Our Morris active sneakers feature a polished monochrome motif that is accented by contrasting bungee laces, mesh uppers, and soft neoprene to keep you looking sharp whether you’re headed out for a walk or to the gym. Our Morris active sneaker received the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for their demonstrated ability to promote good foot health.
Brody Leather Sneaker
Our Brody slip on sneaker is the perfect shoe for a guy on the go. Designed for the modern man, this casual sneaker is classically tailored with soft leather uppers and twin gore panels that help increase your comfort and flexibility. With our Orthaheel technology built-in, you’ll get relief and stability that will help promote your natural alignment.
Shane Lace Up
Get ready to suit up with our Shane lace up shoe. This classic shoe is a work-ready essential that features exposed detailed stitching and a soft leather upper that adds both comfort and style.
Elijah Toe Post Sandal
Looking for a classic sandal to add to your wardrobe? The Elijah toe post sandal is the quintessential leather flip flop you’ve been searching for. With crossover flip flop straps and a stylish leather-wrapped footbed, you’ll be ready to walk wherever your feet take you in these classic, sleek sandals.
Are you on the hunt for a boot that’s equal parts functional and stylish? The Wesley boot is designed for the rugged urbanite and has both craftsmanship and function to meet all of your needs. Made with a full grain leather upper, stitching detail, and an exposed wooden and rubber outsole, you won’t be disappointed with this classic, fashion-forward style.
The peak of cozy, our Tompkin slipper gives you the option to choose suede or leather upper with a sturdy rubber outsole and faux-shearling lined footbed to offer maximum comfort. Staying home never felt so relaxed and comfortable!
With our orthopedic shoes for men, there’s a style that will suit everyone. Whether you are looking for work out shoes for plantar fasciitis or simply the best shoes for working out, we are sure to have the solution! Our mission is to create footwear that elevates your wardrobe and hugs your arch like a natural footprint to give you unparalleled comfort. Made with high-quality materials and pioneering biomechanic technology embedded, you can feel the Vionic difference with every step you take.