Have you ever heard of Orthaheel Technology? We’re here to educate you on how we use orthopedic technology in our Orthaheel Technology shoes to bring you the natural alignment and stability you’re looking for in your favorite footwear. We know it can feel like the fashion industry doesn’t consider comfort and the foot health industry doesn’t consider fashion, which is why we’ve built our business around bringing you the best of both worlds in our supportive shoes. We know it can be a challenge to find the high heels you love and fashionable boots you want while still making sure they have the support you need and we’re here to help. At Vionic, we believe you should be able to have all the latest fashion-forward style without the residual pain from a lack of support. Your shoes should always have the supportive infrastructure and comfortable cushioning you need to have pep in your step all day (and night) long! Our mission is to make sure your favorite shoes with arch support keep your foot properly aligned with your body and keep you moving as comfortable as possible wherever they are taking you. Learn more about how to find the best shoes for arch support in our related blog.
At Vionic, we believe that when you have the information you need to make an informed decision, you can choose footwear that addresses your unique needs while still meeting your style goals. Everyone deserves shoes that make them look and feel like the force of nature they are. We not only want to help you understand what our Orthaheel Technology is and all of the benefits it imparts, but we have also earned a place in the industry as a trusted resource that has dedicated research teams, shoe stylists, and foot doctors to solve a problem that demands to be addressed. Along the way, we’ll give you background on how we got started, what Orthaheel Technology is, and the benefits of having supportive footwear with Orthaheel Technology.
How it All Started: The History of Orthotics and Vionic
Before we dive into what Orthaheel technology is, we want to take a moment to introduce you to how our mission began and how we’ve dedicated ourselves to providing you with supportive footwear that meets all your needs.
To introduce how we fit into the foot health industry, we first need to take a look back at how orthotic technology came about and how we fit into its changing future. Vionic’s mission began with Phillip Vasyli, who was a renowned podiatrist known for being a pioneer and innovator in the field of lower-limb biomechanics. Phillip Vasyli treated thousands of patients who ranged from everything from children to professional athletes (and everything in between). Phillip Vasyli was known by his friends and colleagues as a “born healer” who dedicated himself to helping those suffering from foot problems. Phillip Vasyli believed that individuals should be able to have an orthotic treatment that was accessible and affordable so that they could get the pain relief they wanted and needed.
During the beginning of his career, Phillip Vasyli realized that some of the most common afflictions individuals were suffering from, such as overpronation and plantar fasciitis, required time-consuming and costly treatments to help reduce their symptoms. Phillip Vasyli saw that there was a need for a more affordable solution to these common foot-related ailments that people could access easily. In response to this demand, Phillip Vasyli invented one of the first heat-moldable orthotics. This option came at a much more reasonable and affordable cost and gave his patients the ability to leave his practice with a solution that helped to relieve their pain and discomfort. The philosophy that underpinned Phillip Vasyli’s contributions of the first heat-moldable orthotic laid the groundwork for our award-winning Orthaheel orthotic. Vionic’s Orthaheel orthotic is the world’s first and only true orthotic that you can get without a doctor’s prescription, making it a much more convenient method of pain relief. With this understanding in mind, we want to walk you through what our Orthaheel Technology is and how it can help you.
What is Orthaheel Technology?
By now you know the contributions Phillip Vasyli made to the field on podiatry, but what about the contributions he made to the modern foot health industry? Vionic’s Orthaheel Technology was developed by Phillip Vasyli and integrates the knowledge of over thirty years of research and development to deliver a one-of-a-kind supportive product that has changed the foot health industry. We’ve built our business around making sure you have access to footwear that promotes natural alignment from the ground up and gives you unparalleled comfort in the styles you love. You may be wondering “How exactly does Orthaheel Technology work?” We’re here to give you an introductory guide to our Orthaheel Technology so that you understand exactly what the Vionic difference is.
Orthaheel Technology is our orthotic technology that is built right into all of our shoes. We know that to have an orthotic that works, we needed to have the right research and understanding of how feet work, common ailments that result in pain and discomfort, and how the orthotic needed to be structured to provide optimal support to all of the different elements of the feet. From this, our Orthaheel Technology was born. The way that our Orthaheel Technology deliver comfort and support is through its structural features. Our Orthaheel Technology includes a biomechanical footbed that helps to support you from the ground up and promote the natural alignment that many shoes do not consider. In addition to a biomechanical footbed, our Orthaheel Technology features a deep heel cup that provides essential stability from the feet up. Our orthotics also have a firm, yet flexible, midsole that optimizes your balance so that no matter where your feet are taking you, you feel balanced with every step you take. One of the most important elements of our Orthaheel technology and removable insole is the substantial arch support it offers.
Why is arch support important? Good arch support is one of the most important elements you should look for in your footwear as there can be many different painful and cumbersome consequences of improperly supported arches. The arch of your foot is one of the most important structural elements of your feet and is responsible for bearing your weight and shock absorption of the impact of every stride you take. The arch of your feet not only help to bear your weight and absorb the shock of movements, but they also help to create balance, stabilize movement, and adapt to changes in terrain. The arch of your feet ensures an incredible amount of pressure to accomplish these tasks. Because the arches of your feet play such a vital role in walking, running, balancing, and everything in between, they are one of the most vital elements that an orthotic should address. Our Orthaheel Technology provides substantial arch support that hugs your foot like a natural footprint so that it has the support it needs to function properly and provide you the back, arch, foot, and ankle support you need.
At Vionic, we know that all the support in the world doesn’t matter if the shoes you’re looking for don’t come in styles you’ll actually wear. That’s why we have a team of dedicated shoe stylists to make sure that all of our shoes are designed with fashion-forward styles that will elevate your wardrobe, while still having our Orthaheel Technology built into every pair. We have everything from sandals to slippers to casual shoes to active shoes to heels (and more) in all of the styles you love so that you ever need to skimp on support to look fierce. Because of our Orthaheel Technology, most Vionic products have been recognized by the American Podiatric Medical Association and granted the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance. What does this Seal of Acceptance mean? It means that Vionic’s footwear is one of the few footwear brands that have demonstrated an ability to promote good foot health. Now that you are an expert on our Orthaheel Technology, we want to dive into some of the benefits you’ll reap by wearing shoes with built-in supportive technology.
The Benefits of Supportive Technology: Everything You’ll Gain
When investing in anything, we know it is vital to analyze what benefits you will reap as a result of that investment. We want to make sure you know all of the benefits you’ll experience from having footwear with supportive technology so that you can see what a difference they will make in your life. It’s easy to underestimate how incredible of an impact your feet have on your overall health. Below we break down a few of the top benefits you’ll gain from the supportive Orthaheel Technology we build into all of our shoes. Also feel free to check out our best orthopedic shoes for women.
- Orthopedic shoes provide you with unparalleled support. Like we outlined above, a huge piece of having feet that are pain-free and healthy is making sure they have the supportive infrastructure they need. Since the surfaces we walk on now are primarily unforgiving and hard, like hardwood floors, concrete, and tile, it’s essential that your shoes have the supportive infrastructure you need built-in.
- Orthopedic shoes help to promote blood flow. Did you know that the alignment of your feet plays an integral role in your circulation? By wearing shoes that help to promote your natural alignment from your feet up, you can help improve your blood flow.
- Orthopedic shoes will feel like clouds for your feet (even after a long day standing). So many of us spend our days on our feet for long hours. Unsupportive footwear can leave you aching and in pain every day which can wear you down. Having the supportive infrastructure you need built-in to your footwear helps keep your feet comfortable and supported all day long, without the residual aching and pain later.
- Orthopedic shoes can help alleviate foot pain. Many of us suffer from foot pain for various reasons, whether due to a foot problem, unsupportive shoes, or a structural defect. We know that foot pain can limit your mobility and make it feel like you can’t get out and do all of the activities you want to without feeling the after effects later. We want to make sure you get relief and comfort as soon as possible, which is why our Orthaheel Technology helps to alleviate foot pain by making sure all of the various elements of your feet have the support and cushioning they need from your stylish orthopedic shoes.
- Orthopedic shoes are ideal for those suffering from foot problems. We know that having a foot problem can make every step painful, which is why we’ve built our business creating supportive, elevated technology that helps to alleviate the symptoms and pain associated with many foot problems and to prevent the development of further foot issues. Many different foot problems can arise from wearing footwear that does not fit properly or does not have the support your feet need. With conditions like plantar fasciitis, that can mean that every day when you wake up, your first moments are characterized by shooting pain in your heels due to an inflamed plantar fascia with small tears on its surface. Alleviating the pressure on your feet and providing the cushioning they need helps to alleviate the symptoms of some foot problems and reduce their associated foot pain.
These are just a handful of the many benefits that footwear with supportive technology offers you. We developed our Orthaheel Technology to use cutting-edge biomechanics technology to give you the support and comfort you deserve in the fashion-forward styles you love. With our shoes, no corners are cut. We use high-quality materials to craft the best orthopedic shoes that will hug your arches like a natural footprint and give you a pep in your step all day (or night) long!