Is your dream vacation frolicking on the beach? Or maybe it’s sightseeing through an unfamiliar city. Whatever form of getaway you prefer, planning ahead is always strongly encouraged. But traveling with children presents its own set of challenges, and it requires a different strategy than most trips. To help make your next family vacation stay smooth sailing, we’re sharing our tips for traveling with children.
Before you leave for the airport…
- Create a schedule. This will help keep you organized and stay on track for your trip.
- Pack snacks. Save yourself from waiting in the airport food court lines and bring the kids’ favorite treats.
- Download kid-friendly apps on your mobile device. The little ones won’t mind the downtime of waiting to board the flight if they are keeping their eyes, ears and hands busy.
At the airport….
- Travel in comfortable shoes. From security lines to finding your gate, traveling in the airport means plenty of time on your feet. Try wearing shoes with arch support to help you move in comfort (and keep up with the kids!)
- Keep all medications within reach. In case of an emergency, having all medications in a secure, close place such as a carry-on can be vital when time is of the essence.
- Take advantage of family boarding. Boarding early means fewer crowds and more time to get the kids and yourself situated on the plane comfortably.
On the trip…
- Bring sunscreen and bug spray. Pack a few travel-sized, easy to-go containers so that they can be disposed of once the vacation is over.
- Have a backup plan. Sometimes we forget to check if that restaurant is open on Sundays, or the weather decides to have a mood swing. Make sure to have alternative activities to keep the fun going.
- Enjoy all of the memories in the making. Despite the craziness, these memories will last a lifetime. Soak up every precious moment!
Now that you’ve planned your trip, it’s time to pack! Check out the best shoes to pack for your vacation.