By Ciara Lucas
May 8th is just around the corner, and sometimes finding the perfect Mother’s Day gift can feel a little daunting. The most priceless gift is time spent together doing a new activity, or bonding over something you both love. And if you’re like me, everyday is Mother’s Day (she is the queen after all!). I cherish every moment I get to celebrate the amazing woman who brought me into this world. It’s a joy to find activities that we can do together to celebrate our special bond. Here are some ways to make your mom feel like a queen year round.
For the wellness mom:
- Take a fitness class together- Celebrate with a sweat by attending a workout class you both will enjoy. You can keep it chill with a yoga class, or pump it up in Zumba.
- Go on a hike–Bond in nature, breathe in the fresh air and find a hiking trail with epic views.
- Mani/Pedi–Sit back and relax while you enjoy some pampering.
- Spa day–Refresh and rejuvenate with a massage or facial. You deserve it!
- Gardening–Choose a plant that represents your love in bloom and plant it together.
For the artsy mom:
- Paint and sip class–Tap into your artistic side and create a masterpiece with mom.
- Candle Making–This a unique class I’ve experienced firsthand with my mom! Choose your favorite scents and create a customized fragrance.
- See a show–Show your appreciation for the arts and attend a play or musical, mom’s choice.
- Go to an art gallery–Enjoy each other’s company at a museum and let mom take as long as she wants.
For the social mom:
- Happy hour/pub crawl–Check out any local Mother’s Day deals at your neighborhood bars and toast to your mom. Cheers!
- Wine tasting–Book a tasting at a local winery and enjoy an afternoon of vino and snacks.
- High tea/tea party–For a non-alcoholic option, have an afternoon tea. Don’t forget the little sandwiches with the crust cut off!
- Comedy show–Who doesn’t love to laugh? Get tickets to a local comedy club for an evening of fun.
For the culinary mom:
- Cook a family recipe–Pick a dish that’s been in the family for generations and make it together to share.
- Take a cooking class–Looking to sharpen your skills? Pick a class where you and mom can both learn something new.
- Have a picnic–Choose a scenic spot and pack some of mom’s favorite foods.
- Try a new restaurant–Book a reservation at a place mom has been wanting to try.
For the fashionista mom:
- Shopping spree–Shop til you drop and treat mom to a few new wardrobe items.
- New Vionic shoes-Shameless plug! Celebrate in style and check out our new spring arrivals!
- Pick new outfits then have a photoshoot– Just like when I was a little girl, my mom still loves to pick out new outfits for me. Select something that makes you feel fabulous and strut your stuff for the camera!
Happy Mother’s Day!
To all moms everywhere, thank you for everything you do. I hope this helps inspire some ways that you can show your appreciation as they are incredible. Happy Mother’s Day from the Vionic team!
About the Author:
Ciara Lucas is a member of the Vionic Innovation Lab. She is a TV journalist, certified fitness trainer and nutrition coach. She is uniquely qualified to speak to a number of topics related to health and wellness.