The summer is a popular season for travel and leisure. A time to briefly set responsibilities aside to enjoy the company of your family, explore new places and make the most of those long summer nights. Your suitcase will be packed with the essentials, but there are some extra must-haves you might be missing for your travel. Before you take off, check out our packing list for what to pack for summer vacation.
- A pair of shades. Protect your eyes from the sun with a pair of sunglasses. Small and compact, these will be easy to pack in your carry-on.
- Comfortable shoes. Traveling means a lot of time on your feet. Make sure your feet are supported and cushioned with supportive footwear.
- Chapstick and moisturizer. Exposure to a new climate may cause changes in your skin. Stay cool and hydrated with chapstick and moisturizer.
- Reading material. Now that it’s summer, you have more time to pick up that book you’ve been meaning to finish. Pack your current read for those quiet, relaxing beach days.
- Chargers for your devices. Although vacation means a break from the daily grind, technology can be a necessity. Don’t forget to pack your device’s charger so you can stay connected.
- A Tennis Ball. Your feet will need some TLC with all of your traveling. Whether you’re waiting at the terminal or relaxing in your hotel room, take some time to stretch your foot with a tennis ball. Place the tennis ball underneath your arch and slowly roll the ball back and forth, from your toes to your heels.
- Snacks. You’ll need plenty of fuel for the journey. Make sure to pack some healthy snacks to keep your energy levels up. Dr. Weil shares some of his easy recipes here.
Planning an ocean getaway for your summer vacation? Find out what to wear on your cruise.